People often think that bed bugs and termites can happen only in residents. But the truth is that can also intrude in your hotel as well. If you own a hotel or work at one, there could be various signs that indicate the presence of pests. This leads to the complete execution of the insects through a reliable pest control Melbourne.
11 Signs your Hotel Needs Pest Control Service
Following are the major signs that will help you to find out whether or not your hotel has insects or pests.
So read ahead!
- Tiny blood flecks or brown spots on bed sheets after the guest check out from a room. This could be a sign of the presence of bed bugs. Another sign is the discarded skin. Of course, your guests will complain about bites and itching after staying there.
- Furniture, walls, woodwork, structures, or equipment damage and bite marks can indicate the activities of wildlife or insects in a specific room.
- Damage to food (such as tear or hole) containers or packaging can mean rodents have visited a specific spot. Similarly, larva, eggs, or pupae around or in the food products simply means that the food product pests have intruded. Don’t forget to look for the webbing on containers, boxes, under shelves or in the areas such as corners, which are close to the food storage.
- If you found exoskeletons on the shelves, floors, window sills or inside the cabinets or even small cracks, it’s a sign of the presence of abundant insect issues. In case you have found discarded wings, it could indicate ants or termites.
- Having spider webs found near doors, windows, corners or light fixtures implies that there are spiders (of course) or some insects that are the major food sources for spiders.
- Some droppings may be found right behind the appliances, in attics, cabinets, closets, and crawl spaces can indicate the rodent presence.
- Wood piles can indicate wood-nesting by carpenter ants. If you find mud tubes, termites can be the culprit. However, under flooring or cracks on pipes and plumbing fixtures or near baseboards can be because of termites. While the mud tubes have the diameter of the size of a straw, it can hollow the wood completely.
- Having exterior damage on the roof can be because of birds. If there’s a presence of small piles, rodents or birds can be blamed for this.
- A sharp or musty odour can also be a sign of bed bugs, pests, rodents or, even the worst, cockroaches.
- If you get scratching or rustling noise complaints in the ceiling or behind the walls from your workers or guests, get an idea that rodents may be present there. That’s why it’s crucial to take care of the bins or rubbish so the rodents or other insects don’t come in the search of food.
- Rodents may have made greasy smudge marks on the floorboard or the walls
Have you found any of the above signs at your hotel?
Yes? Well, it’s time to get in touch with a leading professional that offers complete Pest Control Geelong. So why not hire the talented pest control company for your hotel right away?